After nearly a year of not seeing each other, Hailey and I picked up right where we left off and celebrated reuniting as besties with a picnic in the park. There is no better way to catch up with your best friend than spending time together laughing over a cup of sweet tea and wearing adorable outfits that are perfect for summer weather.
With a few snacks packed in mason jars, a pitcher of sweet tea, a good book, a cute picnic basket, a blanket, and each other, we had ourselves a simply memorable afternoon as best friends.
Here are a few ideas to plan your own picnic:
- Find a large enough basket to carry everything. In the summer picnic baskets aren’t hard to find in discount or thrift stores.
- Bring a big blanket. Anchor Supply Co. has a great selection of blankets that’s perfect for such occasions! Draper James also has a large quilt that would be great.
- Bring “snackable” finger foods. Unless you’re planning a big, all-day picnic, it’s much easier to just pack light food that won’t spoil.
- Store your food in canisters or mason jars. You can find these at Hobby Lobby! Usually Hobby Lobby has a sale on glassware or you can use the daily 40% off coupon!
- Bring plates and bowls from home. This helps on not having trash after you’re done. Make sure you pack dishes that you won’t mind if they break. We got these adorable plates and bowls from Marshall’s and TJ Maxx
- Pour your drinks in a sealable carafe. This makes It easy for transport and they look super cute! Again, go to Marshall’s or TJ Maxx for these. I also found some really great ones at Hobby Lobby.
- Serve your drinks in mason jars. In hindsight we should have gotten the the lids with straw holes. This would have helped with pesky bugs not trying to take a sip of our sweet tea. Also, I’m quite accident prone so It would have helped to protect against spilling.
- Pack some bug spray!! I usually try to spray some on before we leave the house so It soaks in before we get to where we’re going. But, it’s smart to pack some to bring along just in case.
There are 2 things we both can always agree on – sweet tea goes with everything and the best color combo is blue and white. There is no shortage of either of these things when it comes to Draper James.
Make sure to check out all of the adorable new releases from Draper James, and keep scrolling to see how we styled our favorite pieces!