4th of July will be here soon, and many of us love to host parties and get-togethers to celebrate. These parties always include beer, festive cocktails, BBQ, yard games, desserts (my favorite), and, of course, our family and friends. Summer brings high temperatures (especially in the South!), so eating a heavy or rich dessert can I leave you feeling sluggish. I love summertime for a number of reasons, but one of my main loves is that so much fresh produce is available. I LOVE fresh fruit and vegetables, and then making yummy dishes and desserts with them.
So, I’m going to share one of my favorite summer desserts that is perfect for your 4th of July party! It’s super light, delicious, and will keep you and your guests coming back for more (without feeling completely guilty!). Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make! Thank you guys for helping me name It on Instagram!!
If you’re feeling ambitious, you can totally make your own angel food cake using a bundt pan. However, I have found It much easier to just go to the bakery and find one already made! Also, if you can, grab your berries from the farmer’s market to support and shop local businesses! Besides, they taste much better in my opinion! I really hope ya’ll like this recipe! If you give It a try I’d like to hear about It and see some pics!
Star Spangled Berry Cake
Angel food cake
1 (large) tub of Cool Whip
1 can of crushed pineapples
1. Drain the can of crushed pineapples (you don’t want your filling to be runny!)
2. Scoop about half of the tub of Cool Whip into a bowl, then fold the pineapples in (add more Cool Whip to your desired ratio!)
3. Cut the angel food cake in half (I’ve also seen It cut into thirds!)
4. On the bottom half, spread your pineapple filling onto the cake (use half of your filling that you have made)
5. Cover your filling with as many berries as you can use or want
6. On the bottom of the top half, spread a thin layer of your filling, then place on top of the bottom half
7. Spread the remaining filling on top of the cake
8. Get creative and make a cute pattern with your berries on top!
9. Keep the cake chilled in the refrigerator
10. Serve and enjoy!
What a lovely cake! Looks soooooo good! Very festive. Your photos are awesome!